Tuesday, June 12, 2007

winniethepooh version of Baked Curry Seafood Potato Croquette

I love potatoes..mashed potato, potato salad, baked potato etc etc..yummyumm..and I love jap food too. So naturally, I like potato croquette :P

Although I like croquette, but I don't like deep frying; so after googling around for croquette recipes, I found my baked version of potato croquette. Add and minus ingredients here and there, I came up with my version of Baked Curry Seafood Potato Croquette. It turned out pretty good :) so here to share with you guys, when you feel like having a 'healthier' version of potato croquette.


Baked Curry Seafood Potato Croquette

Ingredients
3 medium potatoes
500g minced pork meat (or any of meat of your choice)
4-5 piece immitation crab stick, cut into cube piece size
½ yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced finely
1½-2 tsp curry powder
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
2 tbsp oil
1 egg, beaten
Breadcrumbs and curry powder for coating


Method
1) Cook potatoes by boiling or microwave until soft, mash well.
2) Heat up oil and sauté onions and garlic till fragrant.
3) Add minced meat, curry powder, pepper and salt, mix well.
4) Add in mashed potatoes, blend well
5) Add immitation crabstick, blend well
6) Let mixture cool slightly and shape into patties.
7) Refrigerate for about 30 mins to firm up.
8) Mix breadcrumbs and curry powder well. (I used 3:1 portion, if you like it spicier, you can add more curry powder)
9) Dip patties into beaten egg and then in breadcrumb mixture. Shake off excess.
10) Place patties on baking dish/tray and bake in pre-heated 220C oven for 30 mins, or until golden brown.

This makes about 20 tablespoon size patties..hope you guys will enjoy it too!

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

6 comments:

J.T. said...

Yummm.... I am going to try this one day.
I may have to do away with the curry bit because the hubby doesn't fancy that taste but I will definitely try your curry version for my palate. :)

Lee said...

Hi Winnie, hey! Thats nice. Looks so delicious and yummy. Should go well with my Maxwell House coffee. (I bought 15 bottles at No Frills last week at $1.99 a bottle)
Re Japanese food, that I'll take a pass...not too keen on Sushi or raw fish, ha ha.
No wonder your hubby sayang and treasure you, ha ha...nothing like food, or Johnson baby powder to ignite some fireworks, ha ha.
Take care, UL.
Ps, Woodside Square going to build a restaurant across from MacDonalds, and another one at opposite Food Basic other side of mall.

winniethepooh said...

j.t. with or without curry, both taste pretty good (as long as u like potato) hehehe. If you dont use the curry powder, might be u will like to use it with italian breadcrumb might give more flavours. I just use mine from fresh bread :) let me know if u do try them huh hehehe

winniethepooh said...

hehehe, thanks Uncle Lee. wow 15 bottles? Which No Frills do you frequent? We usually go to the one at McCowan (near scarborough town centre). Hubby is more of a tea drinker at home while me, fruit juice drinker :) although he likes tim horton's coffee. Sashimi are my favourites Uncle Lee!

I always enjoy seeing his face expressions when he enjoys his food and i'll like to think bb powder works too :P I make food he likes, and he sayang me, I like! hahaha

yup Uncle Lee, read that news from the newsletter sometime back..seems like Woodside is definitely going to be growing bigger and better!

you take care too Uncle Lee

Jonzz said...

OOOOO Baking Recipe.. thank you thank you..

winniethepooh said...

Jonzz like baking too? welcome welcome hehehe