Sunday, June 10, 2007

Toronto LuminaTO festival

Toronto celebrated the Arts and creativity with "luminaTO", a festival that showcased Musics, Visual arts & design, Theatre, Literature, Films, Dances-the "luminaTO Festival" a celebration with different performance almost everyday for 10 days.



One particular event that catches "The One" and me is the "Masquerade Ball" in "Carnivalissima" event...now doesn't that sounds fun and mysterious! how can we miss it!

There were masks wearing, dancing, music, singing...we had 'Watermelon Margarita'..ooooo, and there were high slit performancers and there was this face painting thing going on (of course me went lah) hahah..




While we were there, we took a walk around the Carnival Market Place and sniffing out the wonderful aroma at the World Cafe Tent (there were Chinese food, Indian Food, Eastern European food etc) we had a nice Indian dinner there...

At the end of the day, we took the train and bus home, everyone was staring at us. "The One" had his mask on, while me had the painting on my face :P It was lots of fun and well, while we are still young, we can afford to be a little 'crazy' once in a while, isn't it? :)

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

14 comments:

KopiSoh said...

Izzit like a Mardi Gras celebration?

J.T. said...

So colourful. Reminds me of the Carnaval in Venice, Mardi Gras, and all those carnivals they celebrate before Lent season. :)

Food... yumm...

By the way, I did not get to make my chocolate cake this weekend. Instead I did a Spanish flan (custard-like). It was out of a box. hehe
Someday I will do that cake. :)

nyonyapenang said...

wow...that sure sound like loads of fun. wish i could be there too. :)

and did you take a pic of 'The One' with the mask on as welkl as yourself with painted face? maybe can post it up here to show us.

u have a great week! :)

Jonzz said...

Nice pictures. That is one colourful festival.

winniethepooh said...

FH, Mardi Gras is like a BIG celebration, this is like an event taking place in one small area in the carnival tent. No big parades, not as grand as Mardi Gras but still fun. :)

winniethepooh said...

j.t., yeah it was very colourful in the tent. Someday I'll want to go to the Mardi Gras celebration too..must be lots of fun!

its okie j.t. someday u will make the chocolate cake :) might be air-flown me some? ;)

winniethepooh said...

nyonyapenang, we did take pics but "The One" and I very shy lah..like FH's MR. he say blog blog but no 'show face' ar hehehe..and he likes what I call him, "The One" that sometimes when we talk, he will call himself "The One" :P

U have a great week too!

p/s how's No. 2 interview, hv reply yet?

winniethepooh said...

thank you Jonzz :) it sure is one colourful festival

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful date :)
And Watermelon Margarita...hmmmm..seems nice.

winniethepooh said...

poohbearee, yeah, that watermelon margarita taste veri nice too. It was a wonderful date..as it is near the lake, hubby and I took a nice stroll along the quay too, under the moonlit nite :)

Anonymous said...

Ok I am here liao since you won't piak piak me, got hug or food or not? Either wan is fine but preferably food ler. :o)

J.T. said...

I hope the choc. cake lasts if I have to fly it to Canada. haha
Maybe cookies will have better luck.

When I do attempt some, I will let you know. :)

winniethepooh said...

FH, i give u BOTH *HUG HUG* and as for food..today I made curry seafood croquette for dinner, give give :) and orange juice will be okie with u?

ure going back to KL, Malaysia in a month's time? all packed up already? so envying..

winniethepooh said...

hehe j.t. u so nice :) the cake doesnt need to be physically be here with me.. even posting it on ur blog and for me to 'smell' and visually admire will be good enough too :)

u so sweetttt :)