Monday, June 04, 2007

Pickering Market

"The One" and I hit the highway 401 East, from Toronto with a population of over 2 million, to Durham with a population of 94,000..Pickering Market here we come!

Pickering market is open only on the weekend, Sat and Sun, from 9am-5pm. It is divided into 3 section, "Antique market", "Flea Market" and "Farmer's Market"..Since it was mid afternoon when we were there, "The One" and I headed straight to the flea market hahaha

It is a nice and clean indoor market with air condition...pretty much like Victoria market (in Melbourne, Australia) or rather like the Paddy's market (in Sydney, Australia). Vendors selling anything from clothing, fragrances, electronics to pets.

Something interesting caught our eyes, "Crab Cove". To our amazement, in that box filled with sand are actually crabs with their shell painted. Just look at the photos and you can see why we were fascinated with that colourful setting...

Of course, tummy growling, we headed to the food court. They do have a variety of food, from chinese food, indian food, burgers, fish and chips, donuts to yoghurts, ice creams etc..we settled for fish and chips :P

All in all, it was a nice little market (oh by the way, the toilet are really big and clean too, I like that), 'flea market' but not really 'flea price' in my humble opinion..However, we did have a good time browsing around and perhaps next time we will visit the other 2 markets "Antique market" and the "Farmer's market"...till then

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

8 comments:

nyonyapenang said...

those are live crabs? all very colorful and cute ler. :)

and i can see the place is HUGE.
is everything that huge in Canada?

J.T. said...

Nice place... now I am thinking about fish and chips. waaaa!
I agree with Nyonya Penang ... the crabs look very colourful. Very pretty. :)

winniethepooh said...

nyonyapenang yup they are live crabs, crawling around with their very colour shells hehehe cute hor :)

ar, hmm, ar? "Is everything that huge in Canada?" which thing do u hv in mind ar? hahaha might be Uncle Lee might be able to give u more accurate answer since he has been here longer than I did :)

winniethepooh said...

j.t. it is a nice place. :)fish and chips also nice food hehehe Do they have nice flea markets in Germany too? I went to Nuremberg, Germany once to attend a trade fair with my colleague and still remember the WONDERFUL oh-so-tasty sausage and very nice beer (although Im not really a beer drinker)

yeah so cute, cannot resist asking the store owner if I'm able to take pics of these cuties. :)

KopiSoh said...

I love flea markets, oni been to Toronto once for a conference din get a chance to see much.

winniethepooh said...

FH, come again :)

J.T. said...

I hardly go to flea markets in Germany. I did in my first few years. Good finds. I like to look at antiques. Bought some paintings from there.
I enjoyed the huge one in Metz, France. I picked up some antique soup bowls for only 2 Euros each - hand-painted circa 1920s. Also an ancient brass door bell.
Oh dear, you like sausages. I cannot take it. I don't mind it once in a blue moon. I still like solid pieces of meat, beef especially. :)

winniethepooh said...

wow j.t. u sure know how to find good deals :)

I still find German sausages taste the best. I heard pig trotters is one of germany speciality too. Didnt get a chance to try that though. Minced pieces, solid pieces, I like them all j.t :P hehehe