Saturday, June 16, 2007

Spicy baked leatherjacket (its a fish)

Felt like having something spicy and something baked..looked into the freezer and decided to have fish for lunch yesterday. Well, lets have Spicy baked fish then..after googling for a recipe, this is the end product of my Spicy baked Leatherjacket fish (I used leatherjacket since thats what I have in the freezer although original recipe called for haddock fillets)




Ingredients:
2 leatherjacket
1/2 cup butter - melted
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Salt (pinch)
Black pepper (to taste)
Garlic cloves - minced
Chili powder (to taste)


Method:
1. Mix salt, pepper and garlic together thoroughly and rub on both sides of fish.
2. Place in a buttered shallow baking dish.
3. Spinkle chili powder on fish
4. Combine butter, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Cover fish with some of the butter mixture
6. Bake fish at 375oF for 30 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. Baste with butter mixture 2-3 times during baking.


Original recipe asked for '1/4 teaspoon ground chili peppers', I used chilli powder, didn't measure just sprinkle on top of the fish, turned out pretty spicy! hahaha..lucky "The One" can take spicy ;) so for those who don't take spicy (you can leave out chili powder or use little for that kick) you won't want to be drowning a whole jug of water, do u?! hahaha

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

11 comments:

J.T. said...

Wow.. another good recipe for me to try. I will be back for it.

I definitely cannot find Leatherjacket fish . I may be able to find Haddock. So, are there any other suggestions?

winniethepooh said...

Im a lazy bumbum j.t hahaha any recipe that is simple, nice, easy will definitely be a keeper for me :)

I suppose any white fish will do just as well..perhaps sole fillet?

Cooking is an experiemental process, tweak and twist here and there, u might end up with an even nicer tasting fish than mine! :)

nyonyapenang said...

you cook well, winniethepooh. spicy baked/grilled fish always gets the thumbs-up from me.

winniethepooh said...

*blush blush* i'm an OK-will-do cook nyonyapenang, google and blogs are my recipe book. When home, never had to cook mah (mommy pamper). Now married, its a 'must pick up' skill hehehe

Since i'm now home and not working (yet), I can spend some time looking for recipe.

Anonymous said...

First time I know there is leatherjacket fish.

I stil hv tonnes to learn abt cooking. Mayb I should hope my husband in future is a good cook instead. LOL.

winniethepooh said...

Poohbearee u can find leatherjacket in Sg, can get that in NTUC where they sell fresh fishes. I learn from my daddy too about this fish :)It's a 'clean taste' fish, it doesn't have a strong/specific kind of taste, like say the salmon fish

As for a hubby that can cook well, I used to hope for that too! ;P

I learn to cook mainly becoz whenever I miss/crave some food, I know I can find comfort in being able to get it as and when I want it :)

I think there's a saying that goes something like this? "Give me a fish and I'll live for one day, teach me to fish and I can live for life!"

Jonzz said...

Hmm.. leatherjacket fish don't look very pretty, do they?

winniethepooh said...

yeah i suppose they dont look very pretty jonzz, when i got mine, it was already with head chopped off hehe They have big head and big eye (in my opinion)

In case anyone will like to hv a look at how leatherjacket fish look likes, I goggle a link to the pic.
http://www.topfoodseafood.com/prod/lf-fish/jk-wr.jpg

Anonymous said...

Heehee...U r rite. I am forced to learn to cook when I was living along in India when I was working there. I can cook but still a lot of room for improvement :)

winniethepooh said...

sama sama poohbearee..me still have alot to learn too! :)

have a great week ahead!

Anonymous said...

going to give it a go tonite, well let u know if i like it