Monday, June 18, 2007

A toilet encounter

It was a weekend and as usual, the shopping mall was crowded. I had to go to the washroom and when I walked in, there was a long queue. When it was my turn, I went in and did whatever I need to quickly and flushed but opps...The flush wasn't working! I tried for a few more times and still it didn't flush. Remembering there is still a long line of queue outside, I had to go out, I can't stay in this cubicle till the flush work.

As I walked out, the next in line is a black lady probably in her 60s, before I could open my mouth to say that the flush is not working; she started screaming, "Asians are so dirty, always not flushing!"

I was so angry, I looked at her and said in my calm but a little loud voice (she's an old lady, didn't want to frighten her with my tigress voice; but loud enough so that other ladies in the washroom can hear me), "Ma'am, the flush is not working", I heard her say softly, 'oh', before I turned, walked to the sink, washed my hands and left.

When I met "The One" outside, I told him what happened, he pat pat my back and we both laughed hehehe

oh, by the way, I read this article from www.gadgetcool.com/archive/2007/12/


This toilet is so funny, it has an aquarium attached to it. The Fish 'n Flush is a specially-designed tank which is divided into two sections, one section for the fish and the other section for the flushing water.The aquarium tank is 2.2 gallons and features all the decoration and utilities any normal aquarium has (pump, filter, rocks, ...).Buy the Fish 'n Flush, remove your old tank and put the Fish 'n Flush on your toilet.Oh and please make sure you put the fish in the right compartment...Available for $450 at Fish n Flush



Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

6 comments:

J.T. said...

That was terrible of the black lady to assume immediately that Asians are so dirty. Another woman in her place would have given her an equally insulting comeback.

My view of these kind of people who judge blindly - they are only portraying the exact flaw in them. e.g. someone says "so and so is jealous of me". In actual fact, the person making the accusation is the jealous person. Seen it so many times in life - I learn from my mistakes too. :)

By the way, the Fish N Flush is actually cool. I like the idea that it has light! Now don't have to switch on bright lights to pee in the middle of the night. hahaha

winniethepooh said...

I agree j.t. it is not right to 'attack' a group of people, 'asian', 'white', 'black' etc..even though she might have bad encounter with some?

its a cute toilet huh..just hope the fish wont die of 'stinking air' hehehe

Jonzz said...

LOL, if you were cheeky enough, would you have dared to say 'I'm actually black', instead. Kidding, kidding...

Wow, poor fish. Live in the loo. What if the owners misconnected the two tanks... FINAL FLUSH FOR FISH!

Ha ha ha

winniethepooh said...

jonzz, no lah, what if later she ask me to rap, hiphop or sing(which i always think most blacks have a talent for), I can only drop jaws (whenever ppl rap), jump like rabbit and crow then how? hahaha

hmm ahhh hmm..before putting fish in hor, try doing something call a 'trial flush' okie..i wont want to tell those fishies..RIP and please forgive me

stay-at-home mum said...

I would usually close the lid if the flush is not working, so anyone walking in would not encounter an unflushed toilet. What a racist woman!!

winniethepooh said...

thanks for dropping by stay-at-home mum :) yes, sometime people can be racist and that definitely is not a good thing.

have a great weekend stay-at-home mum!