Tuesday, June 05, 2007

One Daring Auntie's blog

I came across this blog, it is actually from a blogger, LP, who was commenting in Uncle Lee's blog and from her blog, I went to this Lao Zha Bor's blog.

She's a 68 years old artiste with Mediacorp in Singapore and I'm sure most people in Singapore will recognize her. From her comment box, she is who I think, in alot of the younger Singaporean generation's eyes, "A real lao zha bor who rocks, who is daring, who really lives her life to the fullest."

To me, she is one daring auntie. Doing that video on "Lao Zha bors Condomania" I'm sure I wont have that courage to show the world with a whole lot of blown condoms tied to me floating in that pool!

For her spirit of keeping up with time and the fact that she's living and learning, living life to the fullest. I have to applause her for that effort and attitude towards life.

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from Poohbear

9 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Winnie, hey, who's the auntie? You mentioned from my blog? Can't remember who or where?
But she sure very adventurous one, huh! UL.

winniethepooh said...

oh Uncle Lee not directly from your blog. I should say indirectly from your blog. I visited LP's blog (she left comments on ur blog) and from LP's blog, I got to that auntie's blog (LP mentioned somewhere in her blog about this auntie)..hmm complex huh?

yeah, she sure is. Considering in Sg, the topics and the things she wrote surely is consider daring :)

winniethepooh said...

Uncle Lee, I have rephrased the sentence. I hope it clearer :)

J.T. said...

Whoa... she is one gutsy woman. Just browsing through her blog, I get the feeling that she is the kind that throws caution to the wind. She is bold and loves life.

Anonymous said...

winniethepooh: i agree with u that everyone seems to be linked on blogosphere. heee...i know uncle lee too.

but this old actress....i dun recognise her leh...wat show she acted in?

winniethepooh said...

j.t. i agree with u..she's one gutsy auntie! In one of her video clip, she's even did a rap! a 68 years old auntie rapping..me? I cant even stand on the stage at karoke sessions infront of a crowd to 'crow' hahaha not to even mention broadcast to the world if i ever rap!

winniethepooh said...

poohbearee, yeah, its a "I-go-to-your-blog-from-xxx's blog-and-from-yyy's blog-to-zzz's blog"! hehehe

Did u read Uncle Lee's latest post? if you did, I'm sure you will hv been 'melted' by him :P

This auntie is not like a mainstream mediacrop actress. (i think she worked with Fann Wong too). Shes more like a doing extras roles in variety, commericals (i think in one of the video clip she put up, she did it with the traffic police about senior citizen's safety crossing, xiao4 mi1 mi1) and movies (I not stupid too). If I'm not wrong she's in the gao3 xiao4 xin2 dong4 and in one of the post, she even mention she's in the news on "Newpaper" interview by a reporter, Wendy.

Jonzz said...

LOL, I just watched a Singapore movie starring Fann Wong and Gurdeep, and this auntie was inside. The title was '... Law ', haiz forgot...

I think it's cool she has a blog.

winniethepooh said...

Jonzz, if i'm not wrong, its 'Just follow Law' :) yeah, I have to pei4 fu2 (admire) that auntie. Even her blog name 'lao zha bor' how many auntie will want to call themselves that? :P