Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Chinese, Chinese, Chinese...

I was born and raised in a country which celebrates diverse cultures and races, I was privileged to have always enjoy multi-languages television programs in Singapore. Mediacorp (Sg largest media broadcaster and provider) has 4 basic channels in the English language, Chinese language, Malay language and Tamil language..sometimes when I got bored with listening to the English language, I will switch to watching Chinese shows, once a while I'll even switch to watching Malay cooking shows hehehe (of course I'll be reading the subtitles and picking up some words here and there) :)


I realised that whenever I'm away from Home, one of the things that I missed most other than family, friends and food is the Chinese languages TV programs especially those of Taiwanese Variety programs, drama serial (as well as those from Hongkong but dubbed in Chinese language), basically just CHINESE languages programs!

Over here in Canada although there are lots of channels, most of them are in English, it's soooo 'mono-language', it gets to me at time and I'll just switch off the TV. Recently I was chatting on MSN with a friend and he gave me a site on YouTube that I can watch a Taiwanese TV serial. Hooray! I wasted no time, jumped on the site to begin watching the serial and got some comfort listening to the familiar language that I've always grown up with, I'm really enjoying it...that's the power of Technology in the 21st century :) bringing one a little closer to home...


Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear
Photo courtesy from http://www.en.wikipedia.org

2 comments:

http://chinese.yenjai.net said...

If you are interested, there is a plugin for Firefox. It allows you to capture the video from youtube, and view it from your own PC.
With this, you can view it full screen ^-^

winniethepooh said...

Thanks for that info yenjai :)