Friday, March 02, 2007

Back to the Past

This morning when I woke up, I felt as if I'm in "Iceland" with the Snow Queen as well as back in the age with no television..the branches of the trees were frozen with ice and television had "no signal", I guess today will be a "TV-less" day for me. Good thing I have my Ipod that my jie and KC (my bro-in-law) gave me for my birthday, and hmm..I'm sitting here with my laptop writing a blog.. hahaha, suddenly hit on me that in this 21st Century, my life is so surrounded by (probably dependent on) advanced Technology!

My water was boiled using an ELECTRICAL KETTLE, my food was kept fresh in the BIG REFRIGERATOR, cooked using ELECTRICAL STOVE, warmed up using the MICROWAVE, showered with HEATED water, kept warm in the house by HEATER, cooled with AIR CONDITIONER, washed my clothes with WASHING MACHINE AND DRYER, entertained by FLAT SCREEN 27" COLOURED TELEVISION, LAPTOP with HIGH SPEED MODEM INTERNET CONNECTION, listened to music with my IPOD, took photos with DIGITAL CAMERA, called using my MINI CELLPHONE, play ONLINE GAMING..think back 20 years ago..

My water was boiled using an POT KETTLE on the stove USING A GAS LIGHTER, my food was kept fresh in the SMALL REFRIGERATOR, cooked using GAS STOVE, warmed up using the STEAMING/STIR-FRIED-HOT METHOD, showered with the water HEATED FROM THE POT KETTLE, POURED INTO A TUB, ADDED WITH COLD WATER and SCOPED using a small pail, kept warm in the house by HEATER (in Sg, we didn't have to do that :)), cooled with HAND HELD BAMBOO FAN, washed our clothes with WASHING BOARD, SOAP, SCRUB AND HANG TO DRY, entertained by 14" BLACK AND WHITE TELEVISION (who ever heard of Flat screen, Plasma TV?!) , BULKY DESK TOP with DIAL UP INTERNET CONNECTION (had to plug and unplug telephone line), listen to music with my RADIO, taking photos with FILM CAMERA, called using 'LOAN SHARK BULKY BLACK' cellphones, played "zero-point", throw "five-stones", "thief and police" catching, "eagle catching chick", flying plastic bags out of the window ;P We sure came a LONG way in technology in 20 years!

"Eagle catching chick" game, the brave mother hen in the front protecting the little chicks...When I looked back now, I still remembered fondly the day when we were young in that age of technology transition. I wonder when its our kids turn to think back, will they have such wonderful memories like we do?

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

Photo courtesy from www.flickr.com/photos/fayeyu/page8

No comments: