Saturday, January 06, 2007

Harrassed!!

If most of you wondered where I have been missing to from the msn and net these few days, that's because I was 'harrassed' by this very persistant virus on my computer..hahaha

Recently, my comp was 'attacked' by a very tough and persistent comp virus. "The One" and I had a 'headache' time trying to clean it out (deleting files, disk cleaning, disk fragmentation...) and even using the Norton antivirus 2007 to try to kill that virus (which didn't work!) Was getting so despondent when a friend from far away Singapore (2 in fact!), Janet and Khee liang came to the rescue! hehehehe

It was night time for them and day time for me while Janet and Khee liang tried to find out info on the virus, download anti-virus software, explain to me how to 'kill' the virus (this 'major operation' was done over the internet, this is a big challenge huh..even when I used to sit down face to face with my kiddo bro at the computer, he sometimes wishes he can 'strangle-me-to-death-on-the-spot' He has to explain to me slowly while I'll keep asking him, "why? say again? after this step, do what again?" hahaha) Khee liang even has to resort to using his hand phone to capture one by one the screen on his computer while downloading and sending me over the net, and explain to me step by step how it should be carried out. (Thanks for your patience, Khee liang)

After almost spending at least 6-7 hours, the whole morning (and night for them) on the net, Janet and Khee liang, I finally "KILLED" that hard to tackle virus! (Janet, that software that you ask me to download, it worked ;)) after scanning, downloading, follow that instructions to 'kill' it, I did a full system scan again..and showed that its 'clean' :)

I prayed hard that it is really cleaned out, this morning when I switched on the computer, HOORAY!! no more 'system alert' warning sign of the virus! it has been KILLED!!

Once again, thanks guys for all your help and despite the time difference and your busy schedules, what you have done is deeply appreciated :) Thank you!

Cheerios and Keep Smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

6 comments:

http://chinese.yenjai.net said...

While the computer is clean, probably it is a good idea to 'ghost' it

Anonymous said...

its a miracle why you are still alive after all my strangle attempts

winniethepooh said...

yenjai, 'ghost' it? how do you do that?

winniethepooh said...

well, vin, that's the 'toughness' we jies must have! hahaha

http://chinese.yenjai.net said...

winnie, ghost it means 'mirrored' the whole content of your harddisk, into another medium. Some choose CD-R, while some have a 2nd harddisk for that purpose.
When something bad happened again, you just use that ghost-copy to overwrite your corrupted copy.
The restoration process can be done in as little as 10 mins, as compare to the hours you will have to spend to re-install your Windows, then install all the 101 programmes one by one.

winniethepooh said...

Yenjai, so from what I understand, is it basically 'copy' the whole hard drive content (in most cases, contents in the "C" drives C:?) in this computer to a CD or another harddisk?