Monday, January 08, 2007

The day my view on the 'simple toilet bowl' changed

It was a 'happening' day for me, was trying to heat up food for lunch when I broke a plate while removing it from the microwave...had to mop the floor, clean up the mess, no lunch (I cooked noodles instead) PLUS the toilet was choked yesterday evening! (the water cant drain from the toilet bowl (I'll spare you guys the gross, gruesome details and smell of the toilet..arghhh)

Yesterday, "The One" and I tried to use metal wire, chemical to unclog the toilet bowl but failed. We can't use the toilet and luckily for us, the mall is just opposite the apartment (so we can use the toilet there in case of emergency!) Early in the morning, as soon as the mall is opened, I went and got a plunger from the store. Wanted to do the plunging but the smell was horrible and I felt soooo nauseous with the smell, I just can't do it. In the evening, "The One" came home from work, "armed" with a raincoat, lots of gloves (3 layers) and with the plunger in hand, BRAVED himself for the sight and smell of 'the enemy' before engaging in the 'battle of the toilet'. After a few 'attacks' with the plunger, SUCCESS! Watching the water slowly moving down was a GREAT FEELING OF RELIEF!! Phew! Phew! Phew! I told "The One", in my years, I never had the experience of having to clear a choked toilet bowl, not while back home in Singapore nor in Australia (Probably leaking toilet bowls, not enough water in the water tank..but never clearing a choked toilet bowl). "The One" said that he never had to do this before too! This was his FIRST battle with the toilet bowl. After his "battle", while clearing up the stuffs, "The One" while "disarming"said, "I was thinking about this and felt that it is when you experienced something 'bad', then you learn to appreciate the 'good' and feel fortunte and privilege to have it"...I nodded and give "The One" a PoohBeary Hug..(does that theory applies to me too? hehehe)

Just like changing a tire on the car or fixing the toilet, no one in school ever taught us how to do that..it comes with experiencing and learning. During this 'toilet ordeal', as usual, I turned to the internet for help. Found a pretty good web on fixing toilet, Fix a Toilet.com: Do-It-Yourself Toilet Repair which offer simple but practical stuffs on fixing that toilet problem yourself.

On a lighter note, there is a Toilet Restaurant in Taiwan...you'll definitely need a 'sane mind' and 'strong' after-effect mindset to dine there, as for me now (before this toilet episode, I used to think its "sure, why not..new experiences") but after this, its "No, thanks" for many years to come, any takers??



Toilet Restaurant in Taiwan, Pictures from cool hunting link

Cheerios and Keep Smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

1 comment:

Candice L said...

I was going through something similar and I found http://ToiletRepairSite.com to be pretty handy in calming me down and educating me to a point I could do this myself.

Congrats on repairing your toilet - what else can we learn today? =)