Friday, May 25, 2007

Summer, Winter all in Spring! This is Canada in May

Few weeks back, "The One" and I were enjoying the cool Spring weather, having our breakfast on our balcony; enjoying the nice warmth of the sun and chirping of the birds..and Yesterday??
I was rolling up my sleeves, rolling up my pants, fanning myself crazy during the day!

It was official, Yesterday temp of 31oC broke the record high set in 1991 of 30.5oC in Ontario. Smog advisory alert continues on record hot day and Toronto Public Health issued a heat alert Thursday morning, saying more severe, long-lasting high temperatures could increase the number of weather-related deaths.


However...It was a totally different story in Calgary. It was actually SNOWING! Yes, you seen it right, SNOWING in Calgary...Calgary hit with snow, Ontario basking in the sun. Can you imagine, in Spring, one state is experiencing "Winter" while another is experiencing "Summer"

When I was in Melbourne, people in Melbourne told me , "You can experience 4 seasons in a day", I was like "huh?" The rain, wind, sun, dry...but here in Canada? I can only say, it is really literally the SEASONS that you are experiencing! I guess the weather forecasters were all 'blown' away when they 'forecast' the weather yesterday..

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear





5 comments:

KopiSoh said...

What snow in Calgary??? Whoo Hoo I hope it will last till I get there when school let's out, Banff would be so much fun.

winniethepooh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
winniethepooh said...

hahaha FH, guess you will be disappointed..didnt hear about any more snow today. Btw, where are you at?

How are you feeling? better?

nyonyapenang said...

a case of summer comes early and winter stayed too long?

have a great weekend.

winniethepooh said...

might be nyonyapenang :) Summer can't wait to come and winter cant bear to go hahaha