Monday, May 21, 2007

Precious broccoli

I love broccoli and esp since its one of those vegs that has precious anti cancer properties. How do you prepare your broccoli? Do you boil your broccoli?? if you do, PLEASE DON'T!

As you guys know, broccoli are VERY hard, so I tend to boil it for like 5-10 mins to make it soft. After reading this, its no more boiling, the next time I'm making my broccoli? Steaming it. As for those broccoli that I hv eaten in the past..aiya..so wasted...Well, not too late, there's still HOPE hehehe


"Broccoli wards off cancer, except in England"
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/070518/health/health_cancer_food


Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear


Picture taken from http://www.hort.purdue.edu

8 comments:

nyonyapenang said...

gua suka broccoli....usually boil it and then eat it just like that...sometimes add a dollop of butter.
okie, next time will steam it.

winniethepooh said...

nyonyapenang, I suppose "gua suka" means "I like"? solli, I dont understand melayu..

Like you, I used to boil too, so now I suppose to get the 'BEST' out of those good food, its gonna be steam.. oh, "dollop of butter"..sounds yummy too :) never tried that :)

nyonyapenang said...

hi winniethepooh,
soli, i used colloquial malay.
yes, 'gua suka' means 'i like'. :)

KopiSoh said...

I microwave my brokoli, how?

winniethepooh said...

no need to be sorry about nyonyapenang, sometimes when I speak, I mixed hokkien, teochew, chinese, english all into one big roll! hahaha :) thats the uniqueness of everyone :)

winniethepooh said...

FH, microwave as the article mentions its fine, no problem. How do you get the broccoli to soften with microwave? dont it get all dried up and 'chewy'?

Jonzz said...

Hmm.. how long do u steam it for before overdoing it?

winniethepooh said...

Jonzz, I read somewhere (sorri cant remember exactly where), its max 3-4 mins. I think it will depends on how much broccoli and much 'soft' you like them to be too?