Thursday, December 21, 2006

War Brides of Canada

I was reading one of the stories on the CBC news, "War brides and husbands visiting Halifax say "I do" for the second time." These are brides who married Canadian soldiers during the war time in the 1940s, left their native homeland, travelled by ship and settled down with their husbands in Canada, however some do eventually left Canada as they couldn't stand the 'homesickness'.

These stories somehow did tug a heartstring with me as I can somehow relate to them (althought I didnt arrive during the difficult war times nor did I arrive in ship). "The One" and I started out knowing each other on the internet, like the war couples, we didn't have the time to be together alot...as well as the fact of having to leave families and friends behind, travelling more than 24 hours on the plane, coming to a new land to start life all over again with "The One". As one of the war bride said, "Homesick, Seasick, Lovesick", for me in the 2000s, that will be "Homesick, Airsick, Lovesick"

The Power of Love..who is to deny that? I'll leave you with some photos of "Memory lane: The War bride train"


Cheerios and Keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

No comments: