Thursday, December 21, 2006

Winter Solstice?

I just learnt something new from "The One", he was telling me that today is the shortest day of the year. I was like huh?? Never heard of that..since I'm curious to learn more, I did a little research. From the site of NOAA (National Weather Service) this is what I found..

"In the northern hemisphere, the Winter solstice is the shortest day of the year (near December 22) when the Sun is farthest south. The winter solstice marks the first day of the season of winter. The winter solstice is the shortest day of the year, respectively, in the sense that the length of time elapsed between sunrise and sunset on this day is a minimum for the year. "

Just on the CBC News this morning, it was mentioned that at 7.22pm tonight, it will be the official first day of winter (21st Dec 06). Yup, "The One", you're right :) Today IS the official shortest day of the year of 2006 aka "Winter Solstice" hmm..must enjoy every single daylight hours I'm getting today!

Something new for me today..learning from "The One" :)

Cheerios and Keep Smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

Tips on how to keep a relationship/marriage growing and glowing:
Always share informations (anything from As-Zs), there's nothing such as a 'stupid' question. Sometimes, I drive "The One" nuts with all my 'why? why? why?' hehehe... It is never about one being smarter or more knowledgable than the other. We learn something new each day from and about each other everytime we share..so keep the heart and mind "open" to learn and share:)

No comments: