Sunday, August 19, 2007

Hairspray

I always enjoyed musicals and watching musical movies ("Grease", "Sound of music", "Dorothy and the wizard of Oz", "Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory", "Moulin Rouge"...)

"The One" and I caught the musical movie "Hairspray" a few days ago. Well, musical movies either you like it or you don't. Critics have said 'this is the musical movie of the 21st century'..if you like the movie "Grease" or enjoy musical, you will like this movie.



The characters that I enjoyed in the movie include John Travolta (Edna), Michelle Pfeiffer (Velma), Tracey (Nikki Blonsky) and her crush, Link (Zac Efron). John Travolta, I was not surprised at his musical talent (if you have seen him in "Grease"); When he portray Edna, he gave Edna a 'really womanly portrait' of a voluptuous, curvy, woman :) Michelle came out with a strong performance as Velma, she surprises me with her ability to sing and act esp in one of the scene where she tried to seduce Enda's husband...while Nikki (who used to work behind the counter in an ice cream parlour), she was picked from over eleven hundred candidates to play this role of Tracey; Nikki, she's really a natural and has a good voice too. As for Link..well, just put it this way, he is a 'cute, cool looking' guy..comparable to John Travolta in his younger days :)

so if you're looking for a relaxing time, listening to some nice musics and have some laughs..this is one movie I'll go for :) Happy watching!

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear PoohBear,

Ah, the musical thingy. I ll be sure to keep a look out for this one.

You take care Sister

Anonymous said...

winniethepooh,

i will look out for the movie when it is out in spore. thanks fro recommending:)

pearly said...

hi dear :
havn't watch yet but stphi had she say is very nice .

I wait for the DVD hehheheh cheap mah
have a lovely day xxxxx

J.T. said...

Looking forward to watching it. I love musicals.

Take care and have a good week. You know where I'll be. :)

Anonymous said...

Came just to hug my pooh bear...huggles
Love Hairspray can watch it over and over again.

Lee said...

Hi Winnie, wow, pretty strong stuff there. Guess I'll stick to Lonely Planet, ha ha.
Ahh, but I did see a musical before, 'West side story', and 'Saturday nite fever', ha ha.
You be cool, UL.

Jonzz said...

Oooh, another show to look out for. I like musicals too.

winniethepooh said...

Hi Elviza, thanks for dropping by :) yup, u keep a look out and hope you'll enjoy it too.

happy reading to the kids!

take care and have a great week ahead!

winniethepooh said...

no problem poohbearee :) it will be coming out soon in Sg isnt it? on the 25th Aug? happy watching huh :)

cheers

winniethepooh said...

dear pearly, i think u'll enjoy it :) Ah, watch on DVD with ur derek, if u like, can always dance too with him while watching :P

u hv a great week too pearly :)

winniethepooh said...

no surprise to me that u like musical j.t. :)

u take good care, and have a great week huh!

cheers

winniethepooh said...

ahhh, FH :) nice musical hor? :) *hugs hugs* so nice of u to come just to hughug me :)

u hv a good week huh, hope that all will be well for u soon.

winniethepooh said...

Uncle Lee, who knows, u might take a liking to this 'hairspray' musical movie :)

weather has suddenly turn chilling today..u take good care huh!

winniethepooh said...

jonzz likes musical too? *Hi5* :) then i think u will like this show..

u hv a great week ahead!

Pi Bani said...

Reminds me of my boarding school days - never missed the weekly filmshows shown in our school hall. And when it's a musical, we'd surely be singing or humming the songs after that. Sound of Music? Watched it many many times, never got bored...

Nowadays want to watch movies, tunggu keluar TV lor... free... hehehe...

winniethepooh said...

yeah Pi Bani, I like to sing along too, but whenever i sing, i crow lah..hahaha (my one way of torturing my hubby)

you have a great weekend ahead!