Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My Hatchday, first in many ways

Recently, I celebrated yet another of my "Hatchday" as what my friends and I love to call this special day instead of the usual "Birthday". This year's "hatch day" has been more significiant than the usual "hatchday" as its a "first" in many way..

The First...

-"hatchday" that "The One" and I are celebrating physically together..In the past we can only call, send cards, send presents online

-"hatchday" that I'm spending without my friends and family in the last 10 years

-"Canada Atumn hatchday"..trees balding, cold wind blowing..Red Maple Leafs!

- "white" eggs that I'm having with my birthday noodles (usually at home we have red dyes to make it red, for good luck as the chinese believe)


Other than having all those first, there are the heartwarming moments:

Phone calls, ecards, cards, smses from family and friends in Singapore (they all make that effort to call at different time of the day! nice to get well wishes all day round..:))

Got a surprise from my group of close girlfriends who send me a bouquet of beautiful roses and carnations with baby breathes and a tea cup with saucer for my "hi-tea"...(yeah I miss the times when we used to do that back home..)










Thank you all for making that effort to keep in touch, for remembering my 'hatchday', just goes to show how much all of you care and love me alot..distance doesn't stop any of us from showing our love for each other. Every moment is precious and priceless for me, for I know one day when I grow old, I can tell my little ones how fortunate one is to love and be loved...and of course to "The One", you said something very sweet when we are at the supermarket that night "No gorceries shopping tonight, it is YOUR birthday!" Thank you for making the effort to try and make my day special in your own little ways.

Cheerios and Keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear


Tips on how to keep a relationship/marriage happy:
Every little things you do count. Its not the quantity or monetary value of the gift that put a smile on your loved ones faces. Even if its just an e-mail or an e-card, its really takes minimal money but alot of quality thoughts to brighten up the day of someone you love.

No comments: