Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kiddo leaving on a jetplane

This morning I woke up early to call my kiddo brother who I thought should be on his way to the airport leaving tonite (Sg timing) for his oversea study in Australia. When I called, he told me he's on the MRT, I was thinking, "huh, on the MRT? no one send you off meh?" He told me "Jie, its TOMORROW MORNING lah!" I was like "oh issit?" hehehe Well, when my jie and I went for our oversea studies, I remembered the flight was in the Nite time ;P We chatted for a while and as usual the 2nd Jie 'nagged' him a bit on some last minute stuffs. We ended the call and in the night time (Canadian timing), I called him back and he was in the car with mom, dad and his best buddy, YQ, who drove them to the airport.

Although I'm not there to 'personally' send him off, it sorta bring back memories and feelings of the time when I send my jie off and when it was my turn to go to Australia for studies. The anxiety, the excitment, the scary feeling of going alone and being totally independent in running your life..but dun worry kiddo, i'm sure you can do it! :)

Kiddo bro always reminded me how the 3 of us were so similar in our choice of school..All 3 of us attended the same primary school (Boon Lay Garden Primary School BLGPS), Secondary School (Boon Lay Secondary School BLSS) which is until the polytechnic that jie and I went to Singapore Poly, while kiddo went to Ngee Ann Poly..after one big round, we all ended up in the same University, RMIT (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) in Australia hahaha

SKIP

BLGPS -----> BLSS -----> Different POLYs -----> RMIT

I remembered when I was in school, the teachers and lecturers would often say to me, "oh, so and so is your sister?" and hey, that didn't help much when you have an outstanding sister in the same school with you! hahaha (additional pressure to perform well), I supposed that's why kiddo decided not to go to the same Poly as Jie and I did :P but it was great fun being in the same school, meeting each other during breaks, talking about things which we all can understand (especially when we gossip and 'prewarn' each other about our teachers and lecturers!) hahaha

Time passed so fast that now its kiddo's turn to experience 'real independence' away from home. From all the way up north, jie wish you all the best, study hard, play hard too and enjoy and absorb all the experiences that Australia life provides you with. Anytime that you need someone to listen to your complaints, grumbles, happy news, whatever...we are always here for you ok!

Take care kiddo!


Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from Poohbear

No comments: