Sunday, October 14, 2007

want to think younger?? ;)

We always heard or seen people going for plastic surgery just to look years younger..the other day I was reading the articles on realage.com and guess what..now there is more benefit to eating salmons and those healthy omega 3 fatty acids! :))

the article mentions that omega 3 fatty acids not only keep the heart healthy (as they help to keep arteries clear of fats), it also LOWERS THE RISK OF KIDNEY CANCER! Not only that fatty fishes are full of Vit D (Vit D is essential esp in helping the absorption of calcium that makes ur bone strong)...the good news? Eating only healthful fat can make your RealAge 3.4 years younger!! Hurray!! hehehe

this is the link if you want to read more okie..
http://www.realage.com/news_features/tip.aspx?cid=18352

if you're like me, who like to watch Oprah shows..then u will be familiar with Dr Oz whos always on her show..this is one of the articles that he co wrote with another Dr, Dr. Roizen

6 Foods to Keep Your Mind Young
http://www.realage.com/doctorCenter/Articles.aspx?aid=10442

yup, ure right on...

NUTS - makes men look 3.3 years younger, women 4.4 years younger!!)



FISHES - makes you look 2.8 years younger



SOYBEANS - 0.4 years younger



TOMATO JUICE AND SPHAGETTI SAUCE - at least 1 year younger



OLIVE OIL, NUT OILS, FISH OILS, FLAXSEED, AVOCADOS -
3.4 years younger!



REAL CHOCOLATE (AT LEAST 70% COCOA) - 1.2 year younger





wow..so now, can ask hubby for more gorcery money ( this is 'cheap' huh, if he wants to save more so that I'll spend less on medication when i get older! hahaha)

Cheerios and keep smiling!
With Love from PoohBear

17 comments:

TZ said...

I took nuts everyday... hopefully not going nuts... :-p I took Almond, Black Soya Bean, Soya Bean, Sun flower Seed etc for my snack, two green apples a day.

Sashimi is my favor, yummy! Drool Drool :-q

Hope that i could get younger :-p

nyonyapenang said...

Hi Winniethepooh,

Agree with you. Invest now to save later. :)

winniethepooh said...

wow tz, ure definitely eating very healthy! plus u go to gym and exercise...definitely going to look younger than ur age :))

well done! ;)

winniethepooh said...

yup nyonyapenang, invest now, interest rate still high huh ;)

I remembered when i first move in and was saying hi to the next door neighbour..she asked me "ure still studying?" i nearly burst out laughing..such a HUGE compliment hehehe

when i told hubby, he say, 'shes just being nice lah' :P hehe meanie hubby hahahaha

Cat Cat said...

winnie,
I heard about the benefit of omega-3 for quite a while... My BIL is crazy for this Omega-3 thingy and had been taking the pills for so long... He does look alot younger than his age.

winniethepooh said...

thats sounds good isnt it catcat :) but then i'm too lazy to be popping pills..always forgot too. Rather if can, just take from food source :)

hv a good week ahead catcat!

Michelle said...

I LOVE nuts and I love fishes! Don't like tomatoe juices though. Not really a fruit person. I agree with you eating healthy.
I thought nuts will make you put on weight? But still, I adore nuts. hehe

KopiSoh said...

I just added !,000mg Omega 3 to my daily supplement on top of all the fishes dat I eat almost everliday.....hehe, kiasu mah.

winniethepooh said...

i dont like tomato juice too Michelle :) remembered once that we tried the V8 veg juice..yucks, once and thats it! no more ;X spahagetti sauce still ok..

nuts make u fat? *look at tz, look at michelle* u both love nuts, u both dont look fat at all! hehe

winniethepooh said...

good for u FH! me love fishes too..but popping pills, i will 1 day remember, 3 day forget..so aiya, no pills popping, dont work for lazi bumbum me hehe

Lee said...

Hi Winnie, very interesting health post you have here re healthy living.
My wife and I apart from what you posted, we have been taking 'Bee Pollen' past 35 years. It contains everything you need to slow down aging. So far so good as my wife still looks like the day I met her, ha ha and can still wear her 30 year old sarongs and cheong sums.
Except me...I arrived here 20 years ago at 135 pounds, now hitting the scales at 200 pounds. Fortunately I am 6'1/2" and not fat or looking like a lady at 6 months maternity way. Ha ha.
Winnie, get your 007 to take you to Edwards Garden look at the beautiful Fall foliage now.
Go down McCowan South, make a right on Lawrance (opposite Scarborough GH) and head West till Lesley, make a left...its on your right. Don't forget your camera! Go for a walk along the many wooded, forested trails there...there are so many beautiful spots to take the autumn leaves.
I think you have only this two weeks left before the cold North winds blow down the red and gold leaves. You'll love this place.
Keep well, Winnie, UL.

pearly said...

oh yes I am totaly agree with you I will stay to eat more fish and let my kids start now

winniethepooh said...

Uncle Lee, im sure Mrs Lee and u both must be looking so youthful! ;) and everyday she still amazes u with her wonderful look :)

thanks for that info Uncle Lee..will ask hubby if he's keen to go for some park stroll in autumn :)

take care and hv a great week ahead Uncle Lee

winniethepooh said...

fish is great, i love fishes pearly! and with ur good cooking skill, definitely the kids are going to hv lots of good fishes to eat..:)~~

L'abeille said...

Wah I also want to look young-er..ok ok...going to the supermarket tonight hehe..

winniethepooh said...

haha L'abeille i tot ure on ur way to taiwan already! ;P

Jonzz said...

Wah, true or not wor... hmm.. spaghetti overdrive!!!