Friday, September 21, 2007

is it rectangle, square, hexagon? no, its triangle!

After Uncle Lee mentioned about the famous "Samosas King" 5 piece for $1 Samosas, I had a craving for samosas Hahaha..Remembered that I still have some Spring rolls skin (popiah skin) left from making popiah the other day. So what do I do?

Off to Google to search for a recipe! :)

After some searching, sweating (as what Nyonyapenang said), cooking instinct (what Pearly always have), this is the end result!


Now bad looking samosa, hubby give 2 thumbs up hahaha (I guess thats his way of encouragement so that I'll make some more for him the next time he request hehehe)

if anyone's interested..here goes:


Ingredients:

250g-300g minced meat
3-4 tbsp curry powder (or to taste)
1 tsp salt (or to taste)

1 small onion, diced
1 medium potato, diced
1 small carrot, diced
4-5 tbsp Cooking oil

Popiah skin / wanton skin

Method:

(preboil/microwave carrot and potato to about 3/4 cooked, if you like to add peas or other of your favourites, do go ahead)

1. Heat oil, Stir fry diced onion
2. Add minced meat, salt, curry powder, cook till meat is cooked
3. Add preboiled carrot and potato, stir
4. Removed cooked minced meat mixture and let cool
5. Filled popiah skin with cooled mixture, fold into triangle (or any other shape, as you like, whoever say you can't, right? :P)
6. Fried till golden brown, served!

j.t. (this is another recipe to add for your minced meat) hehe


Cheerios and keep smiling!
With love from PoohBear

22 comments:

Nightwing said...

Hehe..good one. Ur hubby must really be thankful that all of u share resipies (sorry for wrong spelling) and cook for repective hubbies and love ones.

U have a great weekend ahead with your love ones..cheers.

Chen said...

it's almost midnight and i'm hungry. can i have some? ;)

winniethepooh said...

hehe nightwing, sometimes i wish he will cook for me :) i always say, man who can cook..very attractive :)

u hv a great weekend too nightwing!

winniethepooh said...

definitely chen *give give give* still hv somemore okie

hmm..almost midnight, y are u still up huh :P

J.T. said...

wooo... this sounds good. Thanks!

We are going in search of some Asian stores this weekend (keeping fingers crossed) - about 2 hours away from where we live. Hopefully I'll find something that stocks up on some good stuff.

Thanks for the recipe. :)

KopiSoh said...

Looks really delicious, come let me taste and see, I am sure I'll give it two thumbs up too :o)

pearly said...

mmmmm I smell lovely food is here ?

your popir is lovely mmmm can I have some more please. the way you make look better then get from the shop very gud indeed I can't make the way you make la .weldone weldone your hubby put 2 tumb up that must be not only gud is very very very very....
.....gud wish I can test too xxxxxxx

nyonyapenang said...

Hi Winniethepooh,

You sure can cook well! Okie, I am going to invite myself over and savour your cooking. :P

Fall is here and soon winter....wah...biting into a piping-hot yummylicios samosa....yummmmmsss

Have a great weekend.

Jonzz said...

Yummy, can I have some please?

Pi Bani said...

Ahh, I just went to Pasar Ramadhan yesterday and bought some samosas. They had a choice of chicken, beef or sardine. But don't know lah if they were nice or not... didn't buy for myself :) I bought them to be given to the PLWHA family I visited at the hospital.

winniethepooh said...

j.t. hope that u will find an asian gorcery! i'm sure if u found one, the whole car boot will be filled with ur food stocks! :P I'm sure I'll hehehe

hv a great weekend!

winniethepooh said...

of course FH *give give give* help urself hor..no ke qe (dun shy shy) ar :) me sure FH is a good cook oso..hiding her talent only for show for her boyboy and Mr. FH :)

winniethepooh said...

hehe pearly definitely u can have..i'm sure its a good trade for ur roasted chicken, cakes, pasta..yumyum hehehe

hubby say good just so that i will make somemore next time if he wants to eat hahaha..if not, i'll tell him, "u say not nice the other time mah, so i'm not making" hahaha :P

winniethepooh said...

oh yeah nyonyapenang, come come..*give give give*

Autumn is here, leaves are falling. It definitely is nice to eat something hot and warm during these cold seasons. :)

u hv a great weekend too!

winniethepooh said...

sure jonzz, take as many as u want okie..dont shy huh :)

winniethepooh said...

Pi bani, i'm sure they will be nice, picked with lots of love from u..definitely no doubts :)

hv a great weekend!

trueblue said...

Winnie,
You sure do love to write about food, huh?? Hehe..

You always know how to tempt me!

winniethepooh said...

haha trueblue..not love writing about food (i definitely prefer eating them!), just blogging and at the same time its somewhere to 'keep' my recipe (on the blog) so that they dont go missing! hehehe

Michelle said...

They look so yummy. Moreover, you made it from scratch. I'm totally hopeless with cooking..

pearly said...

hi dear
Please drop by I have something waitting for you .......

winniethepooh said...

hi michelle, thanks for dropping by :) ar..i oso "agar agar" do one..i tasted it, i like it, then its okie hahaha no standard one hehehe

u hv a great day with ur 2 cuties!

winniethepooh said...

okie dokie pearly, will fly over right away! :)